Well I have to admit I have found the tasks a little more confronting than I was expecting.
Task 1 was easy - Introduce yourself to the forums... I wrote something similar to the first post of this blog for that one.
Task 2 a little harder - Get Real - No More Excuses.. this was a little difficult, I realised that my biggest excuse was my self and my laziness. I decided to take control of that and put in place positive self messages - so that instead of running on the treadmill thinking my butt is wobbling or my belly is wobbling think of how good I will feel after the run. This is working already!
Task 3 again an easy one - Goal Setting.... I jumped right in and wrote goals such as I will run for 20 minutes in the first month, and then I will have lost 5kgs at the end of the 12 weeks..... I won't go into too much detail with these here, but needless to say they were fairly low end goals.
Task 4 Gear Up - Easy again.... I have a treadmill at home, and some exercise DVD's already I will aim to go to the gym when I can, but with a 80km drive there it could be hard (I will aim to go at least once a week after work, but I wont stress if I cant make it there)
Task 5 SAY IT OUT LOUD.... this was by FAR the hardest so far.... It took me a LONG time to get my head around what I wanted to say to my friends family & the universe, I found the exercise so empowering and although it took me a few days – I went back and revisited my goals from task 3. After looking at them again and again, I think I have short changed myself. I think that I was so scared of not achieving the goal, that I have set them WAY too low… with this in mind I am upping the anti – I have taken my task 3 goals and injected them with steroids. I am ready to turn them from personal goals to commitments.
I am committing to myself, my friends, my 12WBT team mates and to the universe that in order to reach my goals I will do the following:
- To cook healthy, clean meals for EVERY meal (not just dinner like now)
- To reduce the amount of alcohol I drink, having at LEAST 2 alcohol free days per week.
- To work out 6 days per week, either inside, outside or at the gym – WHERE EVER I AM!
- To push myself each & every exercise session by “just a little bit more” be it 1 more push up, 1 more crunch or what ever it takes so that I can record a PB every time.
- To not take things too seriously, to respect others opinions, and not to get upset when people ask questions of me (like – why are you eating carrots, or why wont you drink …..are you pregnant ?)
- To keep a journal online, keeping myself accountable..
To everyone who reads this, especially my 12WBT family I will need your help and support. I hope I can rely on you all to kick me in the bum if I slacken off, and to give me the time I need each day for myself to reach my goals.
- Increase fitness until I can run for 20 minutes without stopping (I can currently run for 8 minutes at 8km/hr, 3-5% incline on treadmill)
- To run outside at least once per week.
- Lose 4kgs (that’s 500g per week & will bring me into the 70’s)
- Do 20 push ups on knees (I can only do 10 now)
- To hold a proper plank position for 1 minute
- To make eating healthy a NORMAL activity, every meal.
3 month goals
- Lose an additional 8 kgs (on top of the 3 I will lose in the first month). This will bring me into the 60’s – for the first time in 3 years since I stopped training.
- Increase fitness until I can run 5kms in 30 mins.
- Run the Blue Lake Fun Run on the 21st of November – 6km of hills
- Do 50 push ups on knees, and 10 on toes
- To hold a proper plank position for 2 minutes.
- To purchase a bikini that makes me look smoken’ hot!
I will develop an attitude that will let setbacks move me forward, that will turn my weaknesses into strengths and mistakes into wisdom for the future!